This website uses cookies to enable our website to work more efficiently and provide us with information
that helps us improve your web experience. You can restrict your cookies through your web browser settings.
If you continue browsing this site without changing your settings, you agree to their use. See our Cookies Policy for more information.

Eden About UsProductsEnergy@workNewsInvestor Relations

Home News News corner News Archive 2007 Eden acquires Danone's shares in Joint Venture
Enlarge the font  Decrease the font  Email to a friend  Print this page

Latest News Company Information TEN KEY FACTS Image Gallery Media Contacts



Eden acquires Danone's shares in Joint Venture

Eden Springs Ltd. purchases 100% of the Danone Springs of Eden ('DSE')

The Danone Springs of Eden (‘DSE’) is a joint-venture between Eden Springs Ltd. and Danone Group. Currently, Danone holds 58% of the company’s shares, and Eden Springs the other 42%. This joint-venture was founded in 2003, with the objective of creating a leader in Europe’s HOD business.

Today DSE is Europe’s leading bottled water brand for water coolers. The company is present in 16 countries, with over 120 branches, 2000 employees and has an annual turnover of more than 200 million Euros.

The shareholders of Danone Springs of Eden have reached a strategic decision, whereby Danone will sell its shares in the joint-venture to Eden Springs Ltd. As a result, Eden Springs Ltd. will assume 100% ownership of the company. The deal will take effect on July 12th, 2007.

According to Roni Naftali, founder of Eden Springs Ltd. and chairman of the Danone Springs of Eden board of directors, Danone’s decision to sell its stake in the business creates an opportunity for Eden Springs Ltd. to capitalize on the existing management and company experience that has been gained from running the European operations.

"Eden Springs is a company that we built and managed during the last several years according to the spirit and values of our brand. By completing the purchase and taking full ownership we are further committing ourselves to develop the brand and the value for the shareholders."

Read news archive

Image Gallery


Media Contact

For more information please contact:

Jarrod Langhans
Director of Investor Relations and Corporate FP&A
Phone: +1-813-313-1732
Email: investorrelations3@cott.com

Copyright © 2013. All rights reserved.   Privacy policy  Terms of Use

  • Eden Springs International S.A.
  • C/Canudas no 9-11
  • 08820 El Prat de Llobregat
  • Barcelona, Spain