OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
Our core values include Respect for All – which extends not only to our associates, partners and customers, but also to the communities where we live, work and play – and With a Standard of Excellence. We want to exceed all expectations of our stakeholders. Built on these values is our commitment to social responsibility and ensuring we conduct operations in a sustainable, respectful way. We care about the environment and communities that we serve, so we work hard to minimize our environmental footprint and maximize our positive impact by:
- Respecting the human rights of the people in our businesses, communities and supply chain;
- Innovating and finding new ways to serve our customers sustainably;
- Applying best practices to the work we do to reduce waste and our use of natural resources;
- Giving back to our communities;
- Supporting disaster relief efforts.
OUR ESG INITIATIVES
We have been integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) principles into our daily operations and risk management approaches for many years. Our European operations have been CarbonNeutral® certified for nine years running, and we have developed and implemented programs around water quality and sustainable yield by working alongside highly respected organizations such as the International Water Association in North America and Watercoolers Europe.
We intend to accelerate our sustainable practices in the years ahead through:
- Elevating our water stewardship practices through compliance by 2025 with the Alliance for Water Stewardship’s international standards for our owned key spring water sources.
- Reducing our carbon footprint through lower greenhouse gas emissions and becoming CarbonNeutral® certified in the United States by the end of 2021.
- Continuing sales and distribution of our returnable, refillable, and recyclable 3- and 5-gallon bottles.
In 2020, we made significant progress toward our ESG platform’s cornerstone initiatives, water stewardship and carbon neutrality, continuing to build on the company’s track record of sustainable practices:
- We received certifications from the Alliance for Water Stewardship (“AWS”) for our Diamond Spring site in Pennsylvania and our Wekiva Spring site in Florida;
- We achieved carbon neutral certification for our U.S. operations;
- We achieved carbon neutral certification for our European subsidiary, Eden Springs, for the ninth consecutive year;
- We continue to replace older model diesel vehicles in our delivery fleet with propane-powered vehicles that deliver greater fuel efficiency and help lower our greenhouse gas emissions; and
- We remain on target to reach full AWS compliance of all key owned spring sources by 2025.
Please, visit https://primowatercorp.com/sustainability/governance/ for further information.